Team Vortex Griefing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Griefing like a boss

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sonic Generations (3DS Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JakeYokley577
Team Member
Team Member
JakeYokley577

Sonic Generations (3DS Review) Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Generations (3DS Review)   Sonic Generations (3DS Review) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Sonic Generations
Dev: SEGA/Sonic Team
Pub: SEGA
Rated E for Mild Cartoon Violence
Sonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR3Pn5qUqJZpfBrE3VaSMqpatAqgFM-sfd68Ffww4uDeKhw1xj8A
Sonic now dashes in a never-before seen 3D world like no other! Sonic Team has already succeeded with Sonic Generations for home consoles, and had the brilliant idea to add it to the new Nintendo 3DS. However, the 3DS edition has a totally different gameplay and feel to it, inheriting features that the home console edition did not have, but at the cost of gameplay that is slightly disappointing. First off, the game has great sound, just like the sound on the home console edition, so no problem there. However, the graphics were a total shock. The 3DS was easily able to handle better graphics then this game, and yet the models look slightly pixelated, with unrealistic textures. It almost makes me feel as if Sonic Team didn't even realize what this little gadget was really capable of. The 3D, in some cases, was very flat, so things that would have looked fantastic in 3D didn't even seem to pop out of the screen like it should have. During gameplay however, 3D is much better. Now onto gameplay. What. Is. This. This game was far quicker than the home console edition, with only 14 stages that required barely any effort. It took me 2 hours to finish the main story, and it took me about two months for me to get bored of it. It wasn't even that nostalgic anyway. In Classic Sonic acts, some Genesis Era stages were exact copies of the original level! They were too lazy to construct a new level like in the home console edition. Also, they forced a homing attack into Classic Sonic's array of moves. Are you kidding me Sonic Team? You expect nostalgia from this? It wasn't just Classic Sonic either. Modern Sonic was in Classic Sonic side scrolling 2D! Only the special stages were in home console 3D! I understand that modern handheld Sonic games were sidescrollers, but the 3DS is capable of so much more. After playing this game for two months, I was hanging by a limb by trying to finish all the missions (that you have to cough up five playcoins to be able to play, or do something in the story that I have not found out yet) and by trying to get all S ranks. However, the great thing about this game that kept me playing is the multiplayer. It is not available in the home console edition, and puts you in a great competitive spirit. It is highly addicting to play multiplayer and race the world. Overall, I give this game a 7.5 because it could've had potential, and though it is still fun, it could have been so much better. If you want to see Sonic in 3D wherever you go, then this game is for you.Sonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqrP0I6iQOJytrr_3AA5761WrVNSHgtoi7AtkqdB6blLZqkY1zlASonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbAhKP_aaRXTrXhXf5GNx6nX4e7sDI1hQ-U5LLgQxmovnqQFJuEwSonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR27EwyQjAzCLkAeo8Iz3BQnTvjvKLYFLA8ax-PiK__23B5pM7ASonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKShmbYxQ8hcl9e_jtifKmqvips95oX2rldEtZNpmhEDVsbebHSonic Generations (3DS Review) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtmKhDHKZaMKQk69TsxPVHRYKKIG6xVFR2OFu26QuGfFhh4dA-
Back to top Go down

Sonic Generations (3DS Review) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Generations (3DS Review)   Sonic Generations (3DS Review) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 pm

thank you jake that review really got me a good idea of the game i might go buy it
Back to top Go down

Sonic Generations (3DS Review)
Page 1 of 1